TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I completed a tax return /2015 and it calculated

I completed a tax return for 2014/2015 and it calculated I was due a rebate/refund of just over £9000.
In previous years when I was due a rebate I was posted a cheque of they paid it into my account directly.
Do I need to make a separate claim or should I just wait or should I contat IR
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If you put your bank account details into the boxes on page TR6 of the SA100 form here, then the tax repayment should go straight there. If not, then you should receive a cheque or payable order as it is called by HMRC. Delays can occur if the repayment is selected for a random security check or a box has been ticked on your tax account to stop automatic tax repayments. If I were you, I'd call the tax office on the number here to find out what the situation is. Sometimes, the automatic repayment process stalls for no apparent reason and it needs human intervention to give it a jump start. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.