How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3814
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

How do i stop or delay HMR&C making me bankrupt over 37131

Resolved Question:

how do i stop or delay HMR&C making me bankrupt over 37131 -00
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and p[leased to be able to help you with your question. You have unfortunately come to a pretty pass if this state has been reached. There are two methods, one is certain of success, the other might not work. The first is to pay the tax owing; that will preclude any banKruptcy proceedings. The other is to enter into negotiations with HMRC to arrange a repayment schedule that is acceptable to both parties. Alternatively to enter into a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) so settle the position. If you are made bankrupt you can loose your house, under a CVA you don't. I suspect, however, that HMRC will not entertain either of these routes. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade. It might be adviseable to consult an insolvency practitioner to negotiate with HMRC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happens if i appeal against the assesment
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Then the whole process comes to a standstill until the appeal is decided.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your support.

Related Tax Questions