bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am a YouTuber and most of the money I am paid comes from

I am a YouTuber and most of the money I am paid comes from a gaming network based in America. I am paid via Paypal in USD but gets converted automatically into GBP when I withdraw it into my bank account. I was wondering if there is any other tax assosiated with this e.g. Foreign Income Tax?
I did ask my network if they deduct any tax at their end and they said they don't.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Gaming is outside the scope of UK individual's taxation so there is no tax liability as far as the UK is concerned and such activities do not have to be declared. However, if you spend all your time on line gaming, HMRC may classify it as a business subject to Income Tax.. I do hope that I have set your mind at rest on this matter.
Thank you for your support.