TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Madam This is rehmat I need some information

Hi dear sir/ madam
This is rehmat I need some information about the Tax regarding on abroad job. I have found a job on abroad which the salary is 17000 pounds/ year. I want to find out the answers for the following questions
1- Do I need to pay the tax of my salary in uk?
2- if yes how much do i need to pay?
3- what documents will Tax revenue will ask me to provide for them to prove that I have a job on abroad and my salary is 17000 pounds?
Looking forward to hear you soon.
Thanks and regards
Sahaq
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Can you tell me how this will work please. Will you move abroad or work abroad during the week and then return to the UK at weekends for example? Where is the job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your quick respond.
No my family I mean my wife with three children will live here in London just only me will go on abroad. The contract is I have to work around 208 days the others way I have to work 40 days thank 30 days will be off again 40 days work and 30 days off
Hope you got me
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Which country will you be working in? Will the employer be a local organisation or a branch of a UK employer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in Dubai. It is international company base In Dubai
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Leave this with me while I draft my answer. It will take a while so please bear with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
If you work 40 days on, 30 days off (back in the UK), you will almost certainly retain your UK tax resident status and if you do you that you will have to pay tax in the UK on your Dubai earnings unless you are non-UK domiciled and don't being your earnings back to the UK. You would need to complete an annual tax return to disclose your earnings and to pay the UK tax. In the 2016/17 tax year, you will be able to earn £11,000 tax free. The balance of your earnings of £6,000 would be taxed at 20% (£1,200.00). The detailed rules on the UK statutory residence test can be found in RDR3 here. A summary of the rules can be found here. A flowchart can be found here. In order to avoid having to pay UK tax on your Dubai earnings and to be treated as non-UK resident, you really need to be looking to spend less than 91 days in the UK in a full tax year. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also asked about which documents do I need to provide to HM.
And the last question about my family( wife with three children) do they will be able to get work tax credit
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Initially, you might complete a P85 if you are going to claim to be non-UK resident but it isn't compulsory. If you do have to pay UK tax because you won't be treated as non-UK resident, then you will need to register for self-assessment but you don't need to do that immediately. You can find information on that here and a registration form here. As far as tax credits are concerned, I'm not an expert on those I'm afraid. However, if you look here, it gives you some information on your eligibility or otherwise if you leave the UK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my case I will stay more than 91 days this mean I am uk resident. Am I wright?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Almost certainly, yes. You need to compare the number of days you envisage spending in the UK with the number of ties you have to the UK. See the table of days in the UK and the list of definitions of UK ties under the heading "The Sufficient Ties Test" here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****
Many thanks for your useful information it really help me. About tax credit is there any service In Just answer website?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I don't think there is a service just for tax credits on JA. Questions do get asked here on tax credits specifically sometimes. Would you mind rating my answer before you leave the site please.