bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have had garage repairs the engine was replaced with a second

I have had garage repairs the engine was replaced with a second hand engine from a specialist breakers the garage that fitted it got the invoice from the breakers with this invoice was issued under the global accounting scheme and no vat must not be reclaimed on any amounts on this invoice. My bill from the garage as got a mark up price on it and also vat on the whole of the invoice is the legal .
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to the able to help you with your question. Please confirm that you are being expected to pay a garage bill which included the second hand engine and the engine change? Once I know this I can address this matter fully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith the engine change is on the bill ie charge for labour and the supplier of the engine as charged for surcharge of the old engine 600 pounds which I should get back and delivery plus cost of engine the garage as not paid any vat on any of the bill put he as added his mark up fee of 500 pounds which he never mentioned on agreement to me and then vat so on the bill 2800 I will be paying an extra 1000 pound or there about
I am becoming totally confused; please explain what you mean by the surcharge on the old engine 600 pounds? Normally one would expect the garage bill to include the new engine, fitting etc and thus a total to which VAT at 20% would be added.
Thank you for your support.