TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Do I need to give my p45 to a new employer? I don't want them

Customer Question

Do I need to give my p45 to a new employer? I don't want them to know what I was earning in my previous role.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhere a form P45 is not given to the new employer, you will be asked for it. Every effort will be made to obtain a P45 from the new employee by the employer. If you do not this can mean that the new employer uses an emergency code. These are temporary codes, and could mean that you will pay too much tax. You are required to give the P45 to the new employer for proper tax code to apply. You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.