Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

IS VAT DUE ON BILLS OF DESIGN SERVICES OR JOBS

Customer Question

IS VAT DUE ON BILLS OF DESIGN SERVICES FOR CUSTOMERS OR JOBS OUTSIDE UK?
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.
Hi In the EU or outside of the EU and where will the work take place Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The work is for Outside EU; in the Middle East.
RegardsWaleed
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.
Hi Waleed Thanks for your response And where will the work actually take place? ThanksSam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Actually it will be selection of furniture and decoration items from Italy (in Italy most of the time/managed from London office).
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.
Hi Thanks for your response What does that mean - that it will be managed most of the time in London but the goods are in Italy? Do you own this business in Italy - will the goods come to the UK first then be shipped elsewhere - will you suffer VAT on the shipping of goods to Italy Will you also provide design solutions - as in admin work in the UK - I need more information as this is not a straight forward situation as you first suggestedWill you go to the country of where the client isAre they businesses themselves (the clients) or just standard retail customers .... ThanksSam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am the customer (client) in fact [need to know VAT is applicable or not]
I am the end-user of the goods (not a business)
Goods will not come to UK, but will go from Italy to Middle East
The goods supplier in Italy is a 3rd (independent) partyThanks