bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Im a sole trader. I employed a guy (who i sacked a few months

Customer Question

Im a sole trader.
I employed a guy (who i sacked a few months later)
My book keeper was supposed to organise the whole PAYE for the guy which took ages (her dragging her heals or some other reason, i dont know)
In the mean time she told me what deductions i should make and i put this in another account waiting for detials on where it should go.
He's gone now and my book keeper is saying it cant be back dated to his start date so just return the money to him and get him to self assess and pay it himself.....
Any advice would be great
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am not happy with this, just send it to HMRC with an explanation. However, having siad that RTI should still work even if belated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Booker told me she couldnt back date it.. Ive no interest in getting in an arguement with her as im not confident on the ground i stand on.. So in regards ***** ***** is to HMRC.. is this easy to do? Can you give a brief 'how to'?
Get rid of your book keeper and engage a more competent person. Write a letter to HMRC and ask for guidance as to what is to be done to rectify the situation.