bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I've worked same company years as self employed,

Customer Question

I've worked for the same company for 10 years as self employed, I don't get pay slips anymore, the company pays my tax, the company just says claim off your bank statements for my rebate. What should I do
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You cannot be self employed in these circumstances. Ir35 applies and the company should be paying you through PAYE and deducting Income Tax (IT) and National Insurance (NI) contributions and furthermore making employer's contributions to NI. You should immediately report the company's antics to your tax office. You should also be making annual self assessment tax returns and you should have advised the Inland Revenue as they were then that you were self employed. I am so sorry that you have landed yourself in a right mess and you must seek guidance from HMRC as to how this will have to be unscrambled. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance; seek HMRC assistance immediately.