taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I found an errror on my father IHT205 - he died in 2003. I

Customer Question

I found an errror on my father IHT205 - he died in 2003. I missed of some income but the estate in still well within the IHT nil band for that year. I called HMRC and they said as it was covered by the nil rate I did not need to do anything else and that it would all be dealt with on my mothers death. My father died intestae and the main asset was a house which he and my mother jointly owed.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You have been given good advice by HMRC.As the main asset (the property) is jointly owned, it would be addressed at her death. I would recommend you make a note of the conversation with HMRC, noting name of officer/advisor, date and time of conversation, for your records. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Hi there, just checking to see if I have addressed your points and/or you need further help/clarification. Many thanks