bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'M self employed and also receive a pension from my former

Customer Question

I'M self employed and also receive a pension from my former employer (left 1984)
do I add my pension as income received from work carried out
how do I fill this on my tax return.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If you look at your self assessment tax return form, the SA100, you will see that there are different boxes for income. One is for pensions and any tax deducted, boxes 8 - 12. To declare your self employment income you also have to complete a form SA103 and submit it with your SA100. You may have to request the necessary additional forms from HMRC. Don't forget to tick the relevant box at the start of the SA100 to indicate self employment income. Once submitted HMRC will send you a statement of tax and national insurance owing for the 15/16 tax year which must be paid by 31 January 2017. There is no requirement these days to submit accounts with your tax returns. I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.