bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm filling in A Short tax Return Question 4.2

Customer Question

I'm filling in A Short tax Return for 2016
Question 4.2 Total of other pensions etc.
Question 3.6 turnover
do I add my pension to turnover or do I book this in 4.2 and treat this as a separate income.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. 4.2 is for pensions only. Pensions are not part of turnover, they are a separate source of income. If you add them to turnover you will be taxed twice, ouch! Turnover refers to trading income, if any. Remember when completing this return that only those boxes with information ie numbers should be filled in, the rest left blank. This makes a daunting form much easier to complete. I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.