How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3831
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I travel around the country doing work. what can I claim for

Resolved Question:

I travel around the country doing work. what can I claim for re expenses
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. It would be acceptable to claim travel and subsistence expenses. For vehicle use you can claim 45p per mile for the first 10000 miles and 25p per mile thereafter in each tax year. For travel and subsistence HMRC set the following benchmark rates: 'Breakfast rate - £5One meal (5 hour) rate - £5Two meal (10 hour) rate = £10Late evening meal rate - £15' I do hope that you find me reply of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith,Many thanks for that. Its just that I had an accountant wh0 told me that I could not and needless to say he has cost me money. hey ho we move on.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
If you have to stay overnight reasonable charges may also be claimed. Providing that there is no pattern of permanent regular attendance then you should have no difficulty. Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the just Answer site.
bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your support.

Related Tax Questions