bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been receiving emails stating that I am due a tax refund

Customer Question

I have been receiving emails stating that I am due a tax refund . They say I have to open a special account for it to be paid into. They want my bank details. Is this true or a scam
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. This has all the signs of a classic scam. Requiring to know your bank details is a dead give away. Have nothing to do with it. If HMRC actually did owe you a tax refund then they would send you a draft to cash at your bank. I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.