TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I'm a foreigner but resident in the uk,all my income come from Saudi Arabia ,do

Customer Question

I'm a foreigner but resident in the uk,all my income come from Saudi Arabia ,do I have to pay tax in uk,if my salary goes in my uk bank Account?
And how much time i have to declare my self, selfemployed since I start receiving my salary?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloResidents normally pay UK tax on all their income, whether it’s from the UK or abroad. If your domicile is not in the UK (your main home) then you don’t pay UK tax on your foreign income or gains if both:they’re less than £2,000 in the tax yearyou don’t bring them into the UK, eg transfer them to a UK bank accountAs you have that money coming into the UK, you are taxed on the income because you are resident in the UK.Send your tax return by the deadline (31 January if you file online).If you didn’t send an online return last year, allow extra time (up to 20 working days) as you’ll need to register first.