TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I'm resident in U.K,all my income is coming from abroad,mainly

I'm resident in U.K,all my income is coming from abroad,mainly from Saudi Arabia.
Do I have to pay tax in U.k.if my salary reach a British bank account based in London?
I Don't own anything in uk
And,as I'm not yet register self employed,how much time I have for to do that,even if I receive already some payments?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. See section 9 of RDR1 here on the remittance basis of assessment. As a non-UK domiciled individual, you have the choice to pay UK tax on your worldwide income as a UK national does or to pay UK tax on UK source income only and on non-UK source income which you bring into the UK. As you are resident in the UK, the income you bring in will be taxable in the UK. You need to register as self-employed with HMRC by 6 October following the end of the tax year in which you become self-employed but its better to do it sooner rather than later. You can register from here. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.