bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I USE TO BE SOLE TRADER BUT THEN WENT LTD WHICH WENT DOWN LAST

Customer Question

I USE TO BE SOLE TRADER BUT THEN WENT LTD WHICH WENT DOWN LAST YEAR NOW HAVE TAX MAN ON MY BACK FOR PAYE FROM 2006 DO I HAVE TO PAY
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. On the assumption that you were employed by your company, remember that directors are employees per se, then it is the company which is liable for operating PAYE. Directors must be remunerated through PAYE. In any event you as an individual, if you were paid by the company, must pay any outstanding Income Tax due less whatever the company deducted. HMRC can go back indefinitely to recover unpaid Income Tax save in Scotland where there is a 20 year limitation. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.