bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Sales staff who have company vehicles to carry out their duties

Sales staff who have company vehicles to carry out their duties have a fuel card to enable them to fill up their vehicles. The majority of the miles done throughout the year is business miles and is documented. If they use the car at weekends they reimburse the company for the cost of the fuel used (again all documented) doe we have the declare on the P11d the cost of fuel reimbursed to the company for private use ?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be ablke to help you with your question. The matter of the fuel does not really worry me, but the availability of the vehicle to an employee to undertake private activities does. My quick solution to this would be for the company to charge the employee 45p per mile for private use. This is the HMRC rate designed to cover capital and running costs. If this is billed then there would be no requirement for P11d action as no benefit in kind is involved, the employee is paying for the service provided. That then is my rough and ready twist of the spoon to stop the treacle running off so to speak. I do hope you find my reply of assistance.
Thank you for your support.