How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4199
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a vat penalty and vat charge afer an investigation

Customer Question

I have a vat penalty and vat charge afer an investigation for not registering for an 18 month period 2012 2013 I am past 30day
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. If you failed to register when your turnover reached the threshold then there is not much you can do other than pay up. This will be expensive. If your turnover then fell back significantly then you could deregister, but this appears unlikely. Full details of penalties and charges can be found here: You should check to ensure that you have not bee overcharged. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.