bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have a corporation tax question very small business. We

Hello, I have a corporation tax question for a very small business. We paid a tax bill of £1363.80 in 2014 but in 2015 we had a loss. Can we claim a refund on the previous years tax? Thanks Nick T
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nick, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Indeed you can providing that the company was operating in the same tarde; here is the advice from the Gov UK web site:

'Instead of carrying a loss forward, you can claim for the loss to be offset against profits for the preceding 12-month period (not accounting period). But you can only do this if your company or organisation was carrying on the same trade at some point in the accounting period or periods that fall in the preceding 12-month period.'

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Thank you for your support.