Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My son is getting demand Invoices from you, HE HAS AUTISM,

Customer Question

My son is getting demand Invoices from you, HE HAS AUTISM, Will not allow me to sort things out! I am petrified this is going to end up with him being sent to gaol/jail.
He has been seen by Citizens advice in Gateshead but hasn't heard from them since his interview 5-6 weeks ago and in the interim keeps getting 'demands' from yourselves. He can't cope with this level of interaction. All he can see is that he has no money and can't pay anything! He says he contacted TAX AID & they said it was "too late for them to help him"
Please (someone help! ) PLEASE.
His details:
STEVEN D FRENCH
22 WORDSWORTH CRES
SPRINGWELL VILLAGE
GATESHEAD
NE9 7RB
TYNE & WEAR
D.O.B. 10.06.1971
Mobile.: ***********
If you cannot help yourself could you direct him to the right channel /department.
This is not being dealt with and it may look as though he is ignoring demands from HMRC.
I have tried to explain to Steven that this is serious and won't simply "Go away" but his mind is closed to my protestations and concern.
Thank you for your time reading this communication from myself.
Lesley Yeatman
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Steven, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Just Answer is an independent tax advice site and has no connection with HMRC.

Please advise me for what are HMRC raising invoices and demands? Harassing a taxpayer is not permitted. Are HMRC aware of his condition.