Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have a two story house that I paid £68,000 24 years ago

Customer Question

I have a two story house that I paid £68,000 24 years ago and it is my main residence. I need to down size and I am considering making the upstairs into a self contained flat that I would expect to sell for approx £125,000 and for me to live in the ground floor. My house as it stands has been valued at £235,000. I am 73years old and receive the basic rate of pension and pay no tax. Would I have to pay CGT if so approximately how much. I would still be the feeholder.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what you consider the flat you intend to live in will be after the conversion please.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any idea as to what it will cost to convert the house into two flats?