Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My company bought a commercial building last September ,we

Customer Question

My company bought a commercial building last September ,we still do not have planning for conversion of first and second floor ,I have claimed small amount of vat back ( my company is vat registered since 3 years ago) .
If I sell the shop part now do I have to charge vat ( the purchaser is reluctant )
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on just Answer.

If you paid VAT on the purchase or have since opted to tax (which would seem to be the case as you have claimed some VAT back) then yes you must charge VAT on the sale.