TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

My company is being taken over by a Swiss business. I have

My company is being taken over by a Swiss business. I have accepted a role with the Swiss Business working 4 days per week, being paid in Switzerland and having an address in Switzerland. However I will be back in the UK not working 3 days per week- my question is what would my tax liabilities be. I will be taxed at source in Switzerland but will I also need to pay tax in the UK and how much?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

You will certainly be UK tax resident based on what you have told me, ie 3 days per week in the UK so you will have to pay UK tax on your Swiss salary. However, you will be able to deduct the Swiss tax from your UK tax liability on the same income under the terms of the tax treaty between the UK and Switzerland. You will need to complete a self-assessment tax return.

The first £11,000 of your UK earnings will be tax free in the UK. The next £32,000 will be taxed at 20%. The next £118,000 will be taxed at 40% and anything in excess of £150,000 will be taxed at 45%.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.