How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4996
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

We are a uk registered lighting company. we will be

Customer Question

we are a uk registered lighting company. we will be supplying goods for ultimate installation in australia via a uk company who is acting as the australian company's agent.we will invoice and get paid by the uk company . should we charge vat ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question..

If you are invoicing a UK based company who would settle your invoice, for VAT purposes the supply is to UK based company and you should charge VAT to the value of goods sold.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.