taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

We are a uk registered lighting company. we will be

Customer Question

we are a uk registered lighting company. we will be supplying goods for ultimate installation in australia via a uk company who is acting as the australian company's agent.we will invoice and get paid by the uk company . should we charge vat ?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question..

If you are invoicing a UK based company who would settle your invoice, for VAT purposes the supply is to UK based company and you should charge VAT to the value of goods sold.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.