bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

quick question. i am doing a CT600 client. they ceased

hi, quick question. i am doing a CT600 for a client. they ceased their business in that year. suprised that there is no place to enter this date. i would have thought this was rather important. That leads me to ask how do they know not to expect any further ct600 in the future. thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please continue search

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

In the absence of an 'additional information' box you will have to fall back on the from/to dates which should trigger an indication that the company has ceased to trade. Your client should consider selling the company on on eBay for example; there is always a ready made market for extant companies operating there and they will be surprised at the prices they receive. If you do that then the 'cease to trade' becomes in irrelevance and you avoid the palaver of a closing down and dissolution. These days CT600s must be filed on line.

I hope you have found my reply of some help.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS

Thank you for your support.