bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I wish to know if I am a share holder in an offshore Limited

Customer Question

I wish to know if I am a share holder in an offshore Limited Company like Delaware, I only pay UK tax on what my personal income/receivables are and not on the profits of the Limited Company which may be retained for reinvestment.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with yor question.

You are only taxed on your personal income and not the company's. The company is a separate legal entity from you and will, of course, be liable to federal and state taxation in the USA. What happens to the company has nothing to do with you UK tax wise.

I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith
Thanks for your answer. Was that a FREE trial?
When do I start getting charged?[Keep Tax Professionals on call - FREE for 1 week!
Get peace of mind with unlimited* answers for all your tax professionals & accountants questions.
7 Day Free Trial then only £33/month. Cancel anytime.
*Subject to the fair use policy. See details
Can I change to a detailed answer for £41 a month, I think?

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.

For the information regarding your subscription, entitlements and charging you must contact Just Answer administration. My only involvement is to respond to questions.