Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am filling out CT600 micro accounts and do not have

Customer Question

Hello, I am filling out CT600 micro accounts and do not have revaluation reserve but the software is not letting me untick it. i have therefore filled it out, but keeping getting the error message that it needs to tally with the revaluation reserve on the balance sheet, however, there is no such line item. I have been dealing with HMRC for months now and nobody is able to help. the accounts are very simple and the only transactions were bank interest and account fees. Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Katarina
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Please let me have a copy of your last CT600 return.

Also, please let me have a copy of the page dealing with Accounts Notes and policies.

If you can post the relevant pages from this CT600 return too, it will be helpful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how can I post it?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You can post as attachments here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have used a function add files, please let me know if you have received it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, could you please let me know if you have received the files? Regards

Thank you for your reply..

I am unable to open first pdf file..

I have some questions for you and see my attached document..

I don't think you have revaluation reserves..

Please respond. I will be happy to sort out errors by offereing premium service. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I cannot see your attachment. I do not think that I need a reserve either, but cannot untick the box.

I am struggling to upload my file

May I suggest you enter share capital and profit and loss account when you complete the boxes capital and reserves (Balance Sheet continued).

Also close and open the file and make the changes.

Hopefully revaluation reserve will disappear

I don’t understand this page… Accounts Notes Revaluation Reserve

you made a loss in the year

What is revaluation reserve in your accounts

Furthermore, you appear to have input wrong figures ..thebalance on capital and reserves at 31 Aug 2014 was £90,034 per accounts.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have entered the share capital and P&L have closed and open the file, but the still cannot untick the revaluation reserve box under the notes. Regards

Thank ypu for your reply..

There may be a bug in the file..

May I suggest you download a fresh pdf file and start all over..

please let me know

if you look at the top of the page (right hand corner)

it is reading accounting period 01 Sep 2013 to 31 Aug 2014.

many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct. i have not filled it and have paid the fine already

Thank you for your reply..

You may have paid a fine for not filing CT600 return but this return should read the correct accounting period.

If you are still having problems, I am happy to file your CT600 return from information you provide as premium service. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am filing the return for 2013-2014, that is why this date is here - I have downloaded it last month from the HMRC site and have entered that I need it for the previous year. This is the one that I am having issues with the revaluation reserve. I have re-downloaded it before and re-filed it with the same issues:(

Thank you for your reply.

If you are filing the return for 2013-2014, then on the page About the company you should state under period accounts dates for the period that is being reported

start date 01/09/2013 and end date 31/08/2014 and not what you have input 01/09/2014-31/08/2015

I am not clear why you have input balance sheet at 31 aug 2015 and 31 aug 2014 if your return is for 2013-14.