bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been claiming WDA on a car at the 8% rate (reduced by

Customer Question

I have been claiming WDA on a car at the 8% rate (reduced by private use percentage) and T have just changed cars. As the rate is low the pool value brought forward is quite high and the sale price of the car is a lot lower. Am I right in assuming that I can claim a Balancing Allowance of the Pool value less the sale price, reduced by the private use percentage or are there other restrictions?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You are correct in your surmise for the sale of your old vehicle.

For the new vehicle the ball game has changed dramatically and, depending upon the car's CO2 emmission and when it was acquired, you can even get First Year Allowances. The conditions are complex and you can find them here:

https://www.gov.uk/capital-allowances/business-cars

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.