Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am giving my property to my dter as gift will I have to

Hi I am giving my property to my dter as gift will I have to pay capital gains tax n how much on aproprty worth 350000 tx
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

HI

Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

Can you tell me more about this property.

Is this your only property - do you live in it and have done since purchase, will you continue to live in it after you have gifted it to your daughter, and if so will you pay her rent?

If this is not a property you live in or there has been a time when it was not your home, then please advise

Date of purcahse

Price at purchase

Dates this was not your main residence

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought for 155000 buy to let in 2002 it was on rent there is no finance on it it is my second property present value is 350000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also was adviced to create a trust in my dters name what benefit is in that thank u Sam
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I have clicked on your request for a phone call but it has been accepted by another expert - can you clarify you have received a telephone call and your questions have beend ealt with?