bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I receive the standard state pension c. £627.04 And a works

Customer Question

I receive the standard state pension c. £627.04
And a works pension Post Office Counters c. £744.58 nett amount after 20% tax deduction
And a mini pension Canada Life c. £19.69
If I do 15/16 hours a week for NHS at an hourly rare of £08.47 per hour i.e at 15 hrs the gross total would be £127.05 per week - £508.20 per month.
How would this affectr my nett income re- NHS?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Your income is or will be:

PO Counters - 931.

State Pension - 627

Canada Life - 19

NHS - 6096

Total - 7678

This is below the personal allowance of 11000 so you are not liable to Income tax (IT).

I suspect that the some of the data you have given me in your question is monthly. Please advise the annual amounts in gross terms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are correct but can you not work this out annually. If you cannot please would you cancel my bank details as I feel as an ex Post Office worker you should be able to approximately sus the annual amounts. and cancel the £36.00 fee. I will be contacting my bank on 02/06/ 2016 to this effect,
Regards ***** *****

Well I can; I make your annual income 25140. Take off personal allowance of 11000 leaves 14140 exposed to IT at 20%, 2820 [say 236 per month].