TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Is it necessary to prepare a form P11D employee where the

Is it necessary to prepare a form P11D for every employee where the company has reimbursed a legitimate company expense, no matter how small or infrequent? For example, our office manager bought some stationary for the company for £90 and was then reimbursed. Does this mean we should go through the whole P11D process for this one transaction?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Your question is interesting so I had to look beyond the regular resources.

As this is an employee and not a director then no the amount is not required to be on the P11D. The reimbursement is not listed for the employee but a director/shareholder not requesting reimbursement then an entry in a loan account would be used and still no P11D unless the loan account entered into an overdrawn position, that fact should be reported on form P11D.

My interpretation is no, as the employee purchased something to be used for general consumption, the employee then put in an expense claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that makes sense.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.
A positive rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.