Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Why hasn't the amount vat I am owed by the hmrc been taken

why hasn't the amount vat I am owed by the hmrc been taken off the amount I owe the hmrc
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer
Please expand - you are owed VAT so whet did you want it deducted from - is it the VAT you owe them?
Did you show both VAT suffeerd and collected on your VAT return?

Or are you referring to VAT and Tax

Please advsie further

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did a vat return to day. Put the vat what I revived in the outputs and the vat I paid in the inputs. I thought that it would automatically deduct the amount I owed.
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.

Yes it does - so you must have omitted the tax you have suffered as its an automatice deduction elaving you just to

1) Have a further refund if what you suffered is greater than that which you collected OR

2) An amount you still owe HMRC VAT if you collected more than that which you suffered.

if you could let me have the figures I can advsie furtehr - id need sales/goods net and then VAT charged (collected) and then also VAT suffered and the goods/sales net on which the VAT was suffered)

I may not reply until tomorrow morning as I shall head to bed soon - I hope that is acceptable

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello thank you for your help. I have found the problem and I have sent off a error correction form hopefully they will not charge me too much.
Id put missed understood the question Amount of Vat claimed back I should off put the input vat I wanted to claim back in there.
Again thank you for your help
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome and I am glad you were able to correct the mistake - please do take the time to rate the level of service I have provided (or click accept) as this ensures Just Answer credit me for my time

Sam, Accountant
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax