taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I'm filling in my first company VAT return. Most sales are

Customer Question

I’m filling in my first company VAT return.
Most sales are to EU business to business (subject to the reverse charge) or overseas (outside the scope of vat.): £15000
Fairly small amount of direct sales: £681 (Inclusive of VAT)
Not many purchases, so let’s just ignore that.VAT due in this period on sales and other outputs (Box 1): £113.50
VAT due in this period on acquisitions from other EC Member States (Box 2): 0
VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs, (including acquisitions from the EC) (Box 4): 0
Net VAT to be paid to HM Revenue & Customs or reclaimed by you (Difference between boxes 3 and 4) (Box 5): £113.50
Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT. Include your box 8 figure (Box 6): £567.50Is this right? Do I need to include the non-VAT sales (£15000) in Box 5?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question..

Box 5 is net VAT to be paid to HMRC or reclaimed.

Value of all outputs (including non-VAT sales) excluding any VAT go in Box 8.

More information on what goes in each box is covered here (look at section 3)

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-70012-filling-in-your-vat-return/vat-notice-70012-filling-in-your-vat-return

Hello there, just checking if you need further information or explanation on points covered.