TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Transfer Personnel tax allowance between

Customer Question

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Not all of your question has appeared on my screen. I have "Transfer Personnel tax allowance between"......

If you can add the rest, I'll try to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to transfer the un-used Personnel Tax allownance from my wife to me
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what your dates of birth are please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to transfer the un-used Personnel Tax allownance from my wife to me Mine is 30/05/43 my wife is 14/05/49
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Leave this with me while I draft my answer.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Your wife can transfer up to £1,100 of her personal allowance to you so long as you aren't a higher rate taxpayer. Read the qualifying conditions here. You can apply online using the link "apply for Marriage allowance online" on the page here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

I have to go out for about 30 minutes but will be back to answer any follow up questions you may have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my state pension ia £7370. my other pensions is cica £22000 therefore I am not a higher tax Payer I Found the Link to HMRC and then got lost ! I personally found all this "text" chat a waste of time. I will get a bus a visit a Tax office with a few details and hope that I get what I want
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

You'll be lucky to find a tax office with public access given how many have closed in the last dozen years. The information I have given you is all you need and the online application has been used by many taxpayers. I cannot make the claim for you.