taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have a client who incorporated a Ltd Co. on 9-Jul-15 which

Customer Question

I have a client who incorporated a Ltd Co. on 9-Jul-15 which is yet to start trading. There is 1GBP of share capital not paid.Is it necessary to file a CT600 for this company and is there a way to notify HMRC and Companies House that the company has not yet started trading?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question..

If the company has not started trading as yet, there is no need to file a CT600 for this company.

The first set of accounts would be for the period 9 Jul 2015 to 8 Jul 2016, had the company started to trade on date of incorporation.

As far as Companies House is concerned, you will have to file a set of Dormant Company accounts after 31 Jul 2016. It is a simple process. You can use Companies House web filing service and opt for dormant accounts.

You should have completed a Form CT41G. More information on this can be found here

http://www.informdirect.co.uk/company-formation/ct41g-form-for-dormant-company/

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.