How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15711
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I have had a refund from PPi on which I paid £365 tax. I am

Resolved Question:

I have had a refund from PPi on which I paid £365 tax. I am below the tax allowance for this year. How do I go a bout recliming the tax?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


The interest you received in a PPI is treated as though it is interest on your savings so the new tax free bands will apply.

You can use the form 40

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you