Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Can you help me with auctioneers vat scheme We are online

Customer Question

hello
can you help me with auctioneers vat scheme
We are online auction like ebay.. what VAT for buyer /seller?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Please expand on your question.. do you wish to know how Autioneer's Scheme works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are launching an online auction website (called ...) in ebay format for antiques. Good reference is Catawiki.com (Netherlands based)
1) What VAT scheme will apply? The Auctioneers Scheme. VAT is only charged on Auction Fee2) What VAT should we charge Buyers and sellers? in EU (3) Catawiki does not charge buyers VAT only 12% to sellers. ( netherlands based)- we are based in UK4) Please can you give me an example explanation on how VAT will apply for EU and non EU case- FOR BUYER AND SELLERShipping is handled by seller directly. We ask the seller to indicate it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zero Flast??? We will have individuals and company buying or selling. Do we need to take VAT info of companies?Once someone wins timed auction.. What level of VAT should i charge to Buyer and seller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically, a person register s and can start placing bids - if he is highest bidder we send him invoice. Seller can register and post photos after we allow them and item goes live.How to manage VAT ? what information i need to ask and charge VAT ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please use actual number examples

Thank you for further information.

HMRC VAT Office have VAT Notice 718/2 - the VAT auctioneer's scheme and link to it is provided here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-7182-the-vat-auctioneers-scheme/vat-notice-7182-the-vat-auctioneers-scheme

Examples are shown in Sec 8..

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask mebefore you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO IT is not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read all that through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please note I am requesting refund since you do not have the auction margin scheme knowledge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can google as well