bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have worked for Partnership from Angust 2015. I think I'm

I have worked for ***** ***** Partnership from Angust 2015. I think I'm due a Tax rebate, I've paid £410.20 in total but have been told I can earn £11,000.00 without paying tax. So how do I go about reclaiming this please. I would prefer to talk to someone on the phone and need a telephone number.
Mrs Melanie Jayne Pearson
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Melanie, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, you can earn up to 11K in any one tax year and pay no tax, 11K being the Personal Allowance. There are two ways to reclaim this tax. Firstly, if you have signed on then your P45 will have been withdrawn and you will receive any refund at the end of the current tax year, 5 April 2017, a long wait. If you find other employment the PAYE system will adjust the position on your employer's PAYE system using the P45T which DWP will send you when you go off benefits. Otherwise you can seek a refund by writing to your tax office, but this could take some time for them to agree as this is a mid year position and HMRC will not be so keen to assist.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Juat Answer site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like to speak on the telephone to someone regarding my refund, is that possible? I live in Saffron Walden in Essex and don't know my nearest Tax office.

It will be in the telephone directory under HMRC.

I would be happy to speak on the telephone, but please note that Just Answer is not connected with HMRC in any way and is an independent UK tax advice site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help, I will have to try and contact them as this is an expensive way to get help! Thanks anyway .

Yes, and frankly you possibly do not need it anyway after my guidance.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS

Thank you for your support.