bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Can a company I own 100% of purchase inventory for a new

Can a company I own 100% of purchase inventory for a new company where I own 51%?Both company are situated in the UK.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

A company, its shareholders and directors are all separate legal entities. Providing that the inventory is correctly reflected in the two companys' books of account your proposal is perfectly feasible.

I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the response. Would I in that case purchase the inventory through company A, then when transferring to Company B I would debit inventory and credit cash in company B, where in company A I would record it as a sale, credit inventory, debit cash and then record COGS and sales revenue accordingly. Would this be the correct way to go about?

Perfect, you have it to a 'T' to use an old expression. It is the companies who are doing the transaction, not you.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.