Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Helloi have just recieved my tax rebate back from been put

Customer Question

Helloi have just recieved my tax rebate back from been put on BR tax last year but i am on just over £100 a week but a firm called The Tax Repayment Agency has sent me a cheque with them taking a fee of £257.92 and VAT of £51.58 and i have not asked any body to get the tax back only the HMRC Tax office cheers ***** ***** can put a answer to this
Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

May I ask how did you claim the tax refund - (or alert HMRC that you felt a refund was due)

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HMRC sent me a form after i was told by them i was due the pay back
Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

And then you sent this form back to HMRC - no email communications - all done through the telephone and the post? AS it seems to me you have undertake a claim through a third party usually via email or online - which HMRC NEVER do as part of the refund process

Please advise further