TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I've been PAYE all my life but in February of this year I've

Hi. I've been PAYE all my life but in February of this year I've taken time away from work. I've not been employed since February with no income. I happened to be speaking to an accountant a week or so ago who suggested I may well be likely to reclaim some tax. Does this sound correct and if so how do I go about it? Thank you for your help. Jon
Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 months ago.

You may be due a tax repayment as you won't have used all your personal allowance for 2015/16.

Assuming you aren't in the self-assessment system, you should receive a P800 tax calculation by the end of September 2016 if you are due a tax repayment. Take a look at the notes here. You could try to accelerate that process by calling the number here and asking to have your 2015/16 tax position reviewed and a P800 issued as soon as possible.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 months ago.

I have to go out but will be back in about 30 minutes to answer any follow up questions that you may have.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Tony