Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have a number of funds invested via Bestinvest. These

I have a number of funds invested via Bestinvest. These include some overseas Unit Trusts and some overseas OEIC and overseas ETF's. The consolidated tax return lists total dividends from these funds at around £600 which has been paid net.
I am trying to complete my self-assessment tax return and I cannot work out how or where to declare these dividends. I can't do it on the normal return because the amount is over £300 and I can't make much sense of the foreign pages.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

HI

It would not be the end of the world if you declared these as UK dividends on the main part of the self assessment return as the company whom handles your portfolio is UK based. and you are NOT expected to break these down into individual returns and its such a small amount. And I assume all were paid to you in sterling?

If it was several thousands and direct foreign investments then you would have to use the foreign pages due to the different currencies and tax rates

Let me know if I can assist further