TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I've just realised that you have to pay extra tax on your

Customer Question

I've just realised that you have to pay extra tax on your child benefit if you earn over £50000. I've been earning over £50000 since Feb 2014, but still been receiving the same amount of child benefit £82 (for one child). What should I do?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Many people have failed to either drop their claim for child benefit or failed to register for self-assessment because of the child benefit tax charge so you aren't alone.

HMRC will probably catch up with you eventually but I'd suggest you call the tax office on the number here and explain the situation and they will either get you registered for self-assessment or direct you here so that you can register yourself.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

I have to go out for a while but will be back this afternoon to answer any follow up questions that you may have.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions.