Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I would like to have your assistance in dealing with my

Hey Sam, good evening. This is Yata. I would like to have your assistance in dealing with my case. May I know what is the fee and what details you need. I have my National Insurance number, passport which says that I left UK in September. I would like to have a call with you, so that we discuss in detail and come to a conclusion.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I can send you a telephone request for you to call me - and offer the asmount this would be but before I do could you advise a little about he situation you need assistance with

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a citizen of India and came to UK in 2007 for doing my Master's program. After completing my studies, as I could not get a suitable job, and because of health issues I returned to India permanently in September 2010 though I have a visa for an year. During this period I worked in couple of gas stations and my salary would be less than 20k £ per annum. I was a salaried employee and I am not registered as self employee. I didnt have any other sources of income and I dont have any assets over there. After returning to India I didnot earn or get any income from UK from September 2010.
Mid of the last week , Indian Income Tax authorities approached me saying that I am due for a tax of £ 8522. I didnt have any clue of this till now and I was shocked to know that I am due for such a big amount.
I am attaching the charges sheet levied on me given by Indian authorities. I spoke to HMRC on Saturday and they said, the current due is £ 9926.25. They are saying that I need to file the returns. But I am not a self employee and I did not earn a gross pay of more than £ 20k.
With very much difficulty I am ready to pay the charges for 2009-2010 which is £ 1718. I need assistance in filing the returns for 2009-10 and waiving off the penalties from 2010-11 and later. I can send you my passport copy which says that I left UK in September 2010. Please let me know if you need any more details. I can call you on your number if you can provide.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hi Yata

We have already dealt with this?

Have you the 2009/2010 self assessment tax return ready to fill in? I do not want to waste your time if you do not have the forms that you need to complete

If you fo not yet have the form then please get back in touch when you do and I can help you complete this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam, we already discussed about the case. May I know where can i download the form. Is it called SA100?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can i find 2009-10 returns form please.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You need to ask HMRC for this so they know which parts of the form (along with the SA100) you need, plus you can lodge an appeal against these latter year penalties -