Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have money put away for me in a trust its being held as

Hi I have money put away for me in a trust its being held as standard life bonds or something like that, I live abroad and have never earned not paid any money or tax in the uk and I'm now being told I have to pay capital gains tax / the trust has to pay it...
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts on Just Answer.

It will be the trust that would suffer the tax which is appropriate - but if its you then there could be ways to mitigate this - so please advise whether its you that has suffered or the trust

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know I'm waiting to find out more but my aunt one of the trustees seems to not want to send me the documents so I can get it checked out properly and I'm only going on what she's telling me... She has sent me these emails and I believe that this is incorrect as to the tax rates I have seen on the uk gov website, could you explain to me the tax rates? Did my files attach?