bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

What benefits is a severely disabled person working 16 hours

Customer Question

what benefits is a severely disabled person working 16 hours a week and receiving PIP at the enhanced rate and working tax credit also able to.claim?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The list of possibilities is huge and you are well advised to look at the Gov UK website advice here:

https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/disability-and-sickness-benefits

You appear to have already claimed the main benefits, but the following may be available also:

'Vehicles and transport

If you’re disabled you can apply for the following:

Home and housing

If you’ve been assessed by your local council as needing care and support services, you can get:

• Direct payments - allowing you to buy in and arrange help yourself instead of getting it directly from social services
  • Disabled Facilities Grants - which is money towards the costs of home adaptations to enable you to continue living there

If you’re on a low income you may also be entitled to Housing Benefit andCouncil Tax Reduction from your local council.'

I would also suggest that you contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau, their staff are well up to speed regarding benefit entitlements.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Thank you for your support.

A trip to the CAB might bear fruit and won't cost you anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks very much

Delighted to have been of assistance.