taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am just about to file the simplest basic abbreviated

Hello. I am just about to file the simplest basic abbreviated accounts. Yet, i can't make it tally. I probably need someone to look over the sheets and tell me where i went wrong. Is this something you could do?
AW
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Please let me have images of the pages in question and I will review your accounts.

many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here they are. I had to put them in a .zip file because i feared you wouldn't be able to view them properly. If this doesn't work, please let me know.
I can't make the numbers tally without fudging the profit and loss number by one. Surely this is not the way to do it.
A few other numbers look suspicious, too.
Thank you for your time.
BestAW

Thank you for your file..

I think I have found the difference

Here are my numbers - see attached

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you.
Looks so much better!
One more question, please. Did you arrive at ac185 by the difference between ac184 and ac187 or does this number have another origin?
Best.
AW

Thank you for your reply.

I increased net assets by 1 to reflect called up capital not paid.

This gave me net assets of -22,992.

To make shareholders' funds agree with net assets, I used -13307 as my loss for the year.

I hope this is helpful.

If thereare no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, again.
Just found one little discrepancy. Regarding 2014 if i fill in the online sheet as you suggest: ac461=1, then ac63 and ac69 off by 1. Which one is that and how do i reconcile it? Thank you.AW

I am away from my desk and will come back to you later.

Thank you for your patience

I have looked at your micro-entity accounts and also your CT600 figures both for profit and loss account and balance sheet.

Attached is a revised balance sheet for CT600 return.

I have a few questions on p&l accounts.

Depreciation - you are showing box AC420=641 and Box AC42=3,467

The movement on tangible assets between 2014 and 2015 is only 52.

Furthermore, the depreciation charge for 2014 is the same as the value for tangible assets in the balance sheet as per CT600 return but if you look at micro-entity accounts filed at Companies House there are no tangible assets.. the figures for creditors amounts due within one year are also different.

Any explanation?

Profit and loss account - your figures as input on CT600 show zero turnover for 2015 but cost of sales of 5,608.

You are showing AC40=16,749 whereas you have shown in balance sheet on Box AC74 a figure of -22,994 making the loss for the year (22,994-9,686) 13,308. I have input this figure in AC185.

I am happy to discuss your accounts with you and make necessary corrections as an additional service. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, it think i need more help. You are obviously spotting what is wrong with my accounts.
Under what condition are we proceeding?ac420=641. This number is ***** i bought.ac42 is currently 0. Do you mean ac45?Re tangible assets my number is ***** false. This should be a precentage of the company's equipment, correct? i used 3467 from 2014. That was equipment. Has that already been written off? In this case fix it how? Depreciation=0? Then where does 641 for new equipment go?Re creditors i have not been able to pay back any creditors )i.e. myself, so i listed all debts (non-payed salary for 2014 and 2015 and money i forwarded) as amounts falling due after more than a year.Thank you for your continued help.AW

Thank you for your reply.

I am sending you my offer for premium service for your consideration.

As this is your second year of trading, we can send amended accounts for first year if necessary.

thank you for accepting my answer and offer.

I have read your comments.. we need to discuss classification of expenditure and separate revenue spend from capital. Also understand amounts owed to you as director at year end.

If you have cost of sales, then there must also be sales (turnover).

Please contact me to progress this so we can file meaningful accounts before end Sep 2016.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,and thanks very much.
I did fill in last year's according to an accountant's advice.
I am attempting to attach the spreadsheets (tiny) i am working with in case it might be helpful but currently it is not letting me.
How to proceed?
Looking forward to hearing from you and puting the matter to rest.
BestAW

It would help if we can also have a quick phone chat sometime soon

you can call me now

Attached is a file showing accounts for 2015 and 2014.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done. Very incisive help. Thanks very much.
Best
Andreas

Thank you for your good words

Best wishes.