Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have just started a job as an executive driver working for

hi,
i have just started a job as an executive driver working for a travel company. I am keeping my own records for my self assessment tax form. I pay the travel company £350 a week for the use of their car, which they take out of my overall earnings. Can the £350 i pay for the car be classed as an expense for tax relief ?
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your response

Yes indeed as its almost like rent for use of the car so an expense incurred which then allows you to earn money

So you will declare as income the full amount earned - and then deduct the £350 as an expense (along with any other expenses) leaving the net profit on which tax and National Insurance is considered.

Let me know if I can assist with this question further, or, if you have the complete answer, it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)