taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My boyfriend gives me a monthly allowance - it's quite a

My boyfriend gives me a monthly allowance - it's quite a lot, do I need to declare this? Obviously it's unearned income and he is a UK tax payer. I am also employed and a UK tax payer.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

A monthly allowance to you by your boyfriend is untaxable income and out of scope of income tax. You don't have to declare it on your tax return.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.